Pioneering Independence believe that everyone has the right to live the life that they choose and to live it as independently as possible.
Our model of support adheres to 12 core beliefs and principles, which ensure that the service we provide promotes independence in all aspects of the lives of the people we support.
- To provide a service of the highest quality at all times.
- The ensure that the individual needs of all persons supported by Pioneering Independence are properly identified and assessed.
- To ensure that an individual person-centred support package is designed and delivered in accordance with each person’s individual needs.
- Every person supported by Pioneering Independence will be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Every person supported by Pioneering Independence has the right to live in the community without fear of discrimination, intimidation or persecution.
- All persons supported by Pioneering Independence have the right to live in a safe and comfortable environment.
- To ensure the autonomy of individuals both in making decisions about everyday issues and also in determining the major directions of their lives.
- To encourage individual personal growth in competence and experience including the level and variety of home, work and leisure activities
- To enable the people we support to have access to normal, rather than segregated, community facilities and services.
- All persons supported by Pioneering Independence will have access to full healthcare facilities and services.
- Pioneering Independence will take all reasonable steps to ensure that no harm will come to the individuals we support, to members of the community or employees of the organisation.
- Pioneering Independence will work jointly with other organisations and all relevant professionals in an effective and professional manner that promotes good communication and maintains the quality of our service.